Saturday, June 27, 2015

Cooking on a Saturday

I normally don't cook lunch but today I got the hankering for some home cooked beefy rice. I am not a person who cooks extravagant meals.  We like things simple and I am definitely good with that since that makes my nights to cook easy.

Hubby and I generally take turns or he will cook during the week since I am gone most of the day volunteering and I will cook on Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes we cook together, like with scrambled eggs & bacon. Hubby has deemed me the bacon maker since I cook it just right.

Back to the beefy rice, it is really simple and I got it off the back of a "Rice-a-roni" box. It is just :

1 box of beef flavored "Rice-a Roni"

1 lb of ground beef

beef stock (optional)

butter

water

You just brown the ground beef and drain the fat. Then throw in the "rice-a- roni" and follow the directions on the box. Now here is where I add the beef stock instead of the water. I think it gives it more flavor. Today I only had about a 1/4 cup of beef stock so I used water for the rest.

I also threw in some frozen biscuits in to the oven to go with it and lunch is done. The biscuits are what is going to take the longest since I put them in after I had already started cooking.

I will post a picture later on.

What are you cooking today if anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some bloggy comment love.